A Audio, hi-fi and car audio  forum. Audio Banter

Go Back   Home » Audio Banter forum » UK Audio Newsgroups » uk.rec.audio (General Audio and Hi-Fi)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.rec.audio (General Audio and Hi-Fi) (uk.rec.audio) Discussion and exchange of hi-fi audio equipment.

Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extension block).



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 25th 17, 02:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Andrew[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 28
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extension block).

Boredom has set in already, so it's time to check out the online
sales, but for some reason I clicked on my HiFi choice bookmark
by mistake and noticed this product :-


http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/

"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack
the quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."

err, what do powerline ethernet extenders do to the 'quality' of the
electriccery ?. PS It retails at £695 :-)

"seven lucky runners up will get an Evo3 Initium mains cable (worth
£75)." Oooh. A £75 kettle lead. Crikey.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 25th 17, 05:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extensionblock).

On 25/12/17 15:37, Andrew wrote:
Boredom has set in already, so it's time to check out the online
sales, but for some reason I clicked on my HiFi choice bookmark
by mistake and noticed this product :-


http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/

"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack
the quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."

err, what do powerline ethernet extenders do to the 'quality' of the
electriccery ?. PS It retails at £695 :-)

"seven lucky runners up will get an Evo3 Initium mains cable (worth
£75)."* Oooh. A £75 kettle lead. Crikey.


Go well with their Audis and their Apples, then...


--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 25th 17, 06:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Davey
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 34
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extensionblock).

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 15:37:47 +0000
Andrew wrote:

Boredom has set in already, so it's time to check out the online
sales, but for some reason I clicked on my HiFi choice bookmark
by mistake and noticed this product :-


http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/

"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably
lack the quality of materials and high-end construction that are
required to protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a
significant reduction in quality."

err, what do powerline ethernet extenders do to the 'quality' of the
electriccery ?. PS It retails at £695 :-)

"seven lucky runners up will get an Evo3 Initium mains cable (worth
£75)." Oooh. A £75 kettle lead. Crikey.


Is this Russ Andrews' loss-leader brand?

--
Davey.

  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 26th 17, 08:37 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Brian Gaff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 637
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extension block).

Is this Uncle Russ Andrews wearing his Santa Disguise?
Brian

--
----- -
This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andrew" wrote in message
news
Boredom has set in already, so it's time to check out the online
sales, but for some reason I clicked on my HiFi choice bookmark
by mistake and noticed this product :-


http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/

"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a good
job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack the
quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."

err, what do powerline ethernet extenders do to the 'quality' of the
electriccery ?. PS It retails at 695 :-)

"seven lucky runners up will get an Evo3 Initium mains cable (worth 75)."
Oooh. A 75 kettle lead. Crikey.



  #5 (permalink)  
Old December 26th 17, 11:09 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Dave Plowman (News)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,872
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extension block).

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/


"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack
the quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."


So you then replace all the wiring in the house, then street etc, with the
same 'high quality' stuff?

And how about the mains connector on the amp etc itself?

--
*Constipated People Don't Give A Crap*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 26th 17, 11:27 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Chris Bartram
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extensionblock).

On 26/12/17 12:09, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/


"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack
the quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."


So you then replace all the wiring in the house, then street etc, with the
same 'high quality' stuff?

And how about the mains connector on the amp etc itself?

It's laughable that the last few metres of cable would make any
discernible difference when the power comes from multiple different
sources, through all manner of connections and transformers, and have
all sorts of interference from all manner of noisy loads. It's beyond
belief, the disconnection of logic.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 26th 17, 11:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
charles[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extension block).

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/


"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack
the quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."


So you then replace all the wiring in the house, then street etc, with the
same 'high quality' stuff?


And how about the mains connector on the amp etc itself?


I gave up even opening one particular "HiFi" magazine following an article
which told me that a mains plug with gold plated pins inproved the stereo
separation.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 26th 17, 01:00 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Andrew[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 28
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extensionblock).

On 26/12/2017 12:35, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/


"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack
the quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."


So you then replace all the wiring in the house, then street etc, with the
same 'high quality' stuff?


And how about the mains connector on the amp etc itself?


I gave up even opening one particular "HiFi" magazine following an article
which told me that a mains plug with gold plated pins inproved the stereo
separation.

Do Live and Neutral separately carry the left and right channels ?.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 26th 17, 02:38 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Woody[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 145
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extension block).

The one that gets me is the phrase

"integrity of the electricity"

What the h*ll does that mean?



--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com


  #10 (permalink)  
Old December 26th 17, 03:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25
Default Christmas Snake Oil anyone ?. (V expensive mains extensionblock).

On 26/12/17 12:27, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 26/12/17 12:09, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
*** Andrew wrote:
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/art...etition/25866/


"While the basic mains cables that come bundled with components do a
good job of getting it the power it needs to run, they invariably lack
the quality of materials and high-end construction that are required to
protect the integrity of the electricity, resulting in a significant
reduction in quality."


So you then replace all the wiring in the house, then street etc, with
the
same 'high quality' stuff?

And how about the mains connector on the amp etc itself?

It's laughable that the last few metres of cable would make any
discernible difference when the power comes from multiple different
sources, through all manner of connections and transformers, and have
all sorts of interference from all manner of noisy loads. It's beyond
belief, the disconnection of logic.


It isn't beyond belief. Quite the reverse. It's ALL belief.

--
Renewable energy: Expensive solutions that don't work to a problem that
doesn't exist instituted by self legalising protection rackets that
don't protect, masquerading as public servants who don't serve the public.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO 3.0.0
Copyright 2004-2019 Audio Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.